LMI is looking for an expert Systems Engineer to support a client in the northern Virginia area.
The client requires expertise specializing in software development to support to an analysis, tool integration, and development initiative. The goal of this project is to efficiently process large volumes of Packet Capture (PCAP) files from various sources and display the results to the users. In this position you will work with a large team comprised of software developers, system engineers, architects, and data engineers. You will develop interfaces and connections into the client's production environment.
- Ability to work in collaboration with existing team to enhance the analysis system leveraging the client's Proprietary capabilities.
- Collaborate on the integration of capabilities from different analytic tools and systems.
- Collaborate on the design, development, and testing of the capabilities being integrated.
- Implement capabilities that yield informative and predictive insights from data processed.
- Engineer solutions in the form of tool integration, development, and scripts that will meet use cases and provide additional capabilities to answer questions that may not have been otherwise answered with the data.
- Evaluate the client’s current strategy for Packet Capture (PCAP) data processing, and provide suggestions on potential enhancements that advance use cases and lead to more cost effective solutions.
- Experience with Linux administration.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python.
- Experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML) and SQL’s such as Data Manipulation Language (DML).
- Experience developing and implementing software enhancements to mission systems for Government agencies.
- Experience integrating multiple applications.
- TS/SCI with polygraph required.
Skills and demonstrated experiences that are highly desired but not required to perform the work include:
- Experience with NiFi.
- Experience with PCAP.
- Experience with and understanding of the OSI model.
- Experience communicating and integrating APIs.
- Experience with Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) ETL processing.
- Experience with JIRA.
- Experience with user support such as user training.
- Experience using rapid prototyping and Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with research and development and the progression of ideas to production systems.
- Experience with the client's systems deployment process.