LMI is seeking a skilled Senior Computer Systems Analyst at our client facility in Washington, DC.
LMI is a consultancy dedicated to improving the business of government, drawing from deep expertise in advanced analytics, digital services, logistics, and management advisory services. Established as a private, not-for-profit organization in 1961, LMI is a trusted third party to federal civilian and defense agencies, free of commercial and political bias. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our specialized services in logistics, intelligence, homeland security, health care, and energy and environment markets. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction. We offer a generous compensation package with excellent benefits that start the first day of employment. Business casual dress, flex time, and tuition reimbursement are a few of our many work-life benefits available to our employees. LMI is The Washington Post's Top Work Places in 2021!
- Translates user requirements into functional requirements and solutions.
- Writes documentation to describe and develop installation and operating procedures of programs.
- Performs system, equipment and software analysis as well as engineering support functions.
- Analyzes and tests computer programs or system to identify errors and ensure conformance to standard.
- Consults with staff and users to identify operating procedure problems.
- Formulates and reviews plans outlining steps required to develop programs to meet staff and user requirements.
- Reads manuals, periodicals, and technical reports to learn how to develop programs to meet staff and user requirements.
- Devises flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate steps and to describe logical operational steps of the program.
- Coordinates installation or computer programs and operating systems, and test, maintains, and monitors computer system.
- Ensures quality throughout the project life cycle.
- Plans, coordinates, directs and manages projects/task orders for performance, schedule and cost.
- Independently assesses requirements and develops plans, schedules and assigns staff and other resources to meet those requirements.
- Establishes technical and administrative policies for analytical personnel, including standards for review of work products for accuracy, adherence to design concepts and applicable standards.
- Reviews program documentation to assure compliance with standards or requirements and adherence to program milestones.
- Oversees subordinate personnel working on task for performance, certifications and training. Assists computer system analysts by guiding their activities and providing answers to technical questions.
- Ensures that outcomes metrics, versus process metrics, are measured and reported.
- 10 years’ demonstrated experience related to any of the following: business intelligence analysis, technology management, software development, business & information systems administration, or project management with concentration in information technology (IT)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or Management Information Systems