LMI is a consultancy dedicated to powering a future-ready, high-performing government, drawing from expertise in digital and analytic solutions, logistics, and management advisory services. We deliver integrated capabilities that incorporate emerging technologies and are tailored to customers’ unique mission needs, backed by objective research and data analysis. Founded in 1961 to help the Department of Defense resolve complex logistics management challenges, LMI continues to enable growth and transformation, enhance operational readiness and resiliency, and ensure mission success for federal civilian and defense agencies.
*This position is remote but may require travel to a client site in Washington, DC (Georgetown)*
As a Data Engineer you will help develop and deploy technical solutions to solve our customers’ hardest problems, using various platforms to integrate data, transform insights, and build first-class applications for operational decisions. You will leverage everything around you: core customer products, open source technologies (e.g. GHE), and anything you and your team can build to drive real impact. In this role, you work with customers around the globe, where you gain rare insight into the world’s most important industries and institutions. Each mission presents different challenges, from the regulatory environment to the nature of the data to the user population. You will work to accommodate all aspects of an environment to drive real technical outcomes for our customers.
- Setup transfers of data feeds from source systems into location accessible to Foundry and integrate with existing data utilizing enterprise architecture best practices
- Debug issues related to delayed or missing data feeds
- Monitor build progress and debug build problems in conjunction with deployment teams
- Using Foundry’s application development framework to design applications that address operational questions
- Rapid development and iteration cycles with SME’s including testing and troubleshooting application issues
- Executing requests for information (RFI’s) surrounding the platform’s data footprint
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, mathematics, statistics, economics, computer science, engineering, or a related business or quantitative discipline (Master’s degree preferred)
- Preferred: Interim or Active DoD Secret clearance.
- Strong engineering background, preferably in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics, or Data Science.
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL; preferred qualifications include linking analytic and data visualization products to database connections
- At least 9 years of experience in the field
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals.
- Skill and comfort working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives and iteration with users.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Proven track-record of strong customer communications including feedback gathering, execution updates, and troubleshooting.