Technical Support Advocate (Georgetown, KY, US)
We make life more comfortable.
Leggett & Platt’s overall mission is a commitment to enhance lives – by delivering quality products, offering empowering and rewarding careers, and doing our part in bringing about a better future.
Leggett & Platt’s inventive heritage and leadership in the residential products industry span more than 130 years. As The Components People, we are the leading supplier of a wide range of products and components for all areas of life, including mattress springs and carpet cushion, as well as bedding machinery and erosion-control products.
From aerospace tubing and fabricated assemblies to flooring underlayment and carpet cushion, Leggett & Platt has divisions that design, manufacture, and sell a variety of products. Our reliable product development and launch capability, coupled with our global footprint, make us a trusted partner for customers in the aerospace, hydraulic cylinders, flooring, textile, and geo components industries.
Learn more about the history of Leggett: https://leggett.com/history
The world leader in bedding technology.
Leggett & Platt has been the driving force in bedding components technology since inventing the bedspring in 1885. Now, we own more mattress industry patents than anyone in the world.
Springs, foam, adjustable beds, machinery – our Bedding businesses design, produce, and supply innovative sleep solutions that help you rest comfortably.
Learn more about Bedding Components: L&P Bedding Group
We, at Leggett & Platt Inc., are searching for a Technical Support Advocate within our Adjustable Bed team to help support our Bedding business. Did you know we have been revolutionizing the sleep industry since 1883? That’s right! In fact, we hold the original patent on a spiral steel coil bed spring, filed way back in 1885. Since then, we have been an industry leader in guaranteeing you get the best sleep possible. If you join our team, your work will ensure people across the world have a little more comfort in their lives.
So, what will you be doing as a Technical Support Advocate?
- Respond to technical questions and warranty processing from internal and external customers and consumer escalations via telephone, email, chat, or customer generated incidents into CRM (Customer Relations Management System).
- Provide daily troubleshooting to include answering questions, analyzing problems, and quickly forming solutions to return systems to proper operation for warranty and non-warranty customers.
- Diagnose and evaluate individual case information to provide repair support and determine if issue is warrantable.
- Being able to effectively negotiate a win-win resolution with non-warranty customers.
- Record details of cases in CRM, as well as actions taken.
- Provide input to manufacturing and engineering departments with field obtained information to enhance product improvements and warranty cost reductions.
- Return calls and/or provide a response to customers who have either left a message or sent an email asking for assistance.
- Register and verify warranty coverage.
- Provide amazing service by meeting a set of daily and monthly metrics with a positive attitude.
- Provide general customer service functions as required, such as but not limited to placing orders, parts look-up, processing payments, and pricing inquiries.
- Effectively communicate escalations to next level of authority.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years customer service experience, preferably in a technical support, help desk or call center environment.
- Some college and/or High School Diploma
- Patient, conscientious, and interact with customers in a professional manner with a focus on completing tasks both pleasantly and correctly.
- Must have attention to detail and strong ability to multi-task
- Ability to read and comprehend simple to complex instructions and detailed correspondence.
- Quick to identify problems, form solutions, and execute step-by-step troubleshooting procedures.
- Ability to efficiently use Outlook, LPCS, and Access Database
- Be flexible to schedule changes or additional coverage, particularly during peak periods.
- Reliable attendance and punctuality are critical to successful performance in this role.
- Must be able to sit or stand at a personal computer for a reasonable length of time troubleshooting and inputting information.
What to Do Next
Now that you’ve had a chance to learn more about us, what are you waiting for! Apply today and allow us the opportunity to learn more about you and the value you can bring to our team. Once you apply, be sure to create a profile, and sign up for job alerts, so you can be the first to know when new opportunities become available.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs, and describe how we approach working together.
- Put People First reflects our commitment to safety and care of each other, learning and development, and creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect, empathy and belonging.
- Do the Right Thing focuses us on acting with honesty and integrity, delivering the results the right way, taking pride in our work, and speaking the truth – good or bad.
- Do Great Work…Together occurs when we engage without hierarchy, collaborate as a team, embrace challenges, and work for the good of all of us.
- Take Ownership and Raise the Bar demonstrates our responsibility to add value and make a difference, challenge the status quo and biases to make things better, foster innovative and creative solutions to drive impact, and explore new perspectives and embrace change.
Our Commitment to You
We're actively taking steps to make sure our culture is inclusive and that our processes and practices promote equity for all. Leggett & Platt is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veteran status, and more. Join us!
We welcome and encourage applications if you meet the minimum qualifications. Even if you do not meet the preferred qualifications, we’d love the opportunity to consider you.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer
For more information about how we handle your personal data in connection with our recruiting processes, please refer to the Recruiting Privacy Notice on the “Privacy Notice” tab located at http://privacy.leggett.com