Senior Manager of Supply Chain (Grand Rapids, MI, US)
We, at Leggett & Platt Inc., are searching for a Senior Manager of Supply Chain within our Work Furniture team to help support our Furniture, Flooring, & Textiles products business. Did you know we have been revolutionizing the sleep industry since 1883? That’s right! In fact, we hold the original patent on a spiral steel coil bed spring, filed way back in 1885. Since then, we have been an industry leader in guaranteeing you get the best sleep possible. If you join our team, your work will ensure people across the world have a little more comfort in their lives.
As a Senior Manager of Supply Chain, your contributions will have a direct impact on the business by driving a continuous improvement culture throughout the procurement function. sit in Grand Rapids Michigan yet be responsible for all W. MI branches – SC strategy, standardization, KPI driving for all branches. This role could possibly expand to all North America and Canada and possibly global in the future. The team you will be working with is collaborative and strategic.
So, what will you be doing as a Senior Manager of Supply Chain?
• Set Supply Chain strategy and design for the branch (material procurement, operations scheduling, visual management, materials management)
• Investigate and coordinate like-item purchases with all branch level purchasing agents and across local sister facilities
• Lead negotiations and coordinate with LP legal to establish strategic supply agreements with all suppliers (pricing, quality, lead times, etc.) and in accordance with Corporate Supply Chain requirements
• Research, vet and qualify new vendors as required and obtain feedback for improvement
• Coordinate with L&P corporate purchasing & cross-BU purchasing as needed
• Lead new proactive product sourcing as required by product development
• Assist Branch Managers, VP of Operations, and other BU leaders with strategic projects as necessary
• Solve problems creatively, using formal problem-solving techniques, to drive positive change
• Attract, develop, and retain a strategic, diverse and improvement focused procurement team
• Drive continuous improvement culture throughout the procurement function
• Drive improvement through KPIs, data and visual management
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
• 10-15 years of progressively responsible supply chain, procurement, and vendor management experience, preferably in a large-scale global manufacturing environment
• Supply chain strategy development & deployment experience
• Supplier development and visual management experience
• Engineering background very beneficial
• Steel manufacturing background very beneficial
• Experience building a team and developing individual team members
• Proven track record of creating and implementing effective sourcing management strategies to drive improvement and cost out of the business
• Experience effectively vetting vendors and communicating vendor selections
Things we consider a plus:
• Business, Supply Chain or Logistics Management or Engineering Bachelor’s Degree
What to Do Next
Now that you’ve had a chance to learn more about us, what are you waiting for! Apply today and allow us the opportunity to learn more about you and the value you can bring to our team. Once you apply, be sure to create a profile, and sign up for job alerts, so you can be the first to know when new opportunities become available.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs, and describe how we approach working together.
• Put People First reflects our commitment to safety and care of each other, learning and development, and creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect, empathy and belonging.
• Do the Right Thing focuses us on acting with honesty and integrity, delivering the results the right way, taking pride in our work, and speaking the truth – good or bad.
• Do Great Work…Together occurs when we engage without hierarchy, collaborate as a team, embrace challenges, and work for the good of all of us.
• Take Ownership and Raise the Bar demonstrates our responsibility to add value and make a difference, challenge the status quo and biases to make things better, foster innovative and creative solutions to drive impact, and explore new perspectives and embrace change.
Our Commitment to You
We're actively taking steps to make sure our culture is inclusive and that our processes and practices promote equity for all. Leggett & Platt is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veteran status, and more. Join us!
We welcome and encourage applications if you meet the minimum qualifications. Even if you do not meet the preferred qualifications, we’d love the opportunity to consider you.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer
For more information about how we handle your personal data in connection with our recruiting processes, please refer to the Recruiting Privacy Notice on the “Privacy Notice” tab located at http://privacy.leggett.com