About Playable Worlds
Playable Worlds is a team of talented and creative game industry professionals working together on a sandbox MMO built for the cloud. Led by Raph Koster (Ultima Online; Star Wars Galaxies) and Eric Goldberg, Playable Worlds offers a collaborative and diverse work environment, competitive pay and benefits, and an opportunity to create new kinds of gameplay and experiences in online worlds that feel real and engaging.
The salary range for this position is $135,000 - $150,000 & stock options
All positions at Playable Worlds are currently remote.
The Senior Administrator is a flexible person bringing a variety of administrative, financial and related skills to a company facing upcoming change and transition. The successful candidate is familiar with or interested in online games and the gaming industry and can contribute to a constructive company culture. The Senior Administrator provides smooth, efficient, and friendly experiences for management, production and engineering personnel, as well as other administrative personnel.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with executives, senior leaders, staff, and contractors as a key resource for questions and problem-solving
- Organizes and coordinates meetings, offsites, travel, and logistics as needed
- Updates and tracks budget and expense projections and actuals; familiar with balance sheets, income statements, and corporate tax returns.
- Edits and revises contractual terms for game development and other personnel, as well as reviews and edits software licensing and other contracts
- Creates and manages processes and tools for smooth execution of hiring, onboarding, expense management, etc.
- Ensures follow-up and closure of action items for management and administrative teams
- Supports Admin team members, including Human Resources issues
- Experience level: Minimum of 3 years of experience in small-company administrative/ financial position
- Education level: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
- Demonstrated successes working with remote operations
- Demonstrated ability to function well in a small organization experiencing staged transitions
- Demonstrated familiarity with business budgeting and bookkeeping
- Skilled in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint as well as Google Drive equivalents
- Ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders throughout the organization
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to work independently and deliver results with little supervision
- Detail- and results-oriented; driven and self-motivated with strong initiative
- Ability to prioritize tasks and see them through to completion
Bonus Points for Any of These
- Prior experience in building and reinforcing constructive community culture
- Paralegal or similar contract drafting experience
- Playable Worlds is headquartered in San Marcos, California. All positions are currently remote and expected to be so for the foreseeable future.
- $121,000 to $140,000 per year