Manufacturing Engineering Co-Op (Grand Rapids, MI, US)
We, at Leggett & Platt Inc., are searching for a(n) Manufacturing Engineering Co-Op to assist our work Furniture business. Our Furniture business brings an intense focus on the customer, innovation, world-class manufacturing capabilities, and a global footprint together to create full package solutions for the industry. We do not make furniture. We make furniture more comfortable. We need the best people on our team to support our strategy, and your work will ensure people around the world have a little more comfort in their lives.
As a(n) Manufacturing Engineering Co-Op, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience, practical skills, industry connections and a head start in your career. Your contributions will have a direct impact on the business by supporting workforce flexibility, fostering innovation, increasing productivity, and enhancing employer branding.
So, what will you be doing as a(n) Manufacturing Engineering Co-Op?
- Perform routine and non-routine assignments involving engineering principles or techniques for product manufacturing.
- Production documentation, product launch documentation, process experimentation and studies, data collection and processing, assistance with manufacturing equipment development for current products and processes and VA/VE.
- Structured Co-op schedule that will include time in multiple areas of our production and Engineering environments.
Rotation I (Summer 2024)
Evaluate assembly process & workflow. Perform time studies & time observations.
Rotation II (Winter 2025)
Based on observations and/or business need, design, estimate, assist in fabricating a production fixture or process change to address the need.
Rotation III (Fall 2025)
Participate in a new product development launch.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Must be a current Engineering Program Student
- Strong hands-on mechanical skills, understands use of hand tools, problem solving and analytical skills, communication skills, detail orientated, self-motivated, good organizational skills, MS Office, SolidWorks, AutoCAD
What to Do Next
Now that you’ve had a chance to learn more about us, what are you waiting for! Apply today and allow us the opportunity to learn more about you and the value you can bring to our team. Once you apply, be sure to create a profile, and sign up for job alerts, so you can be the first to know when new opportunities become available.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs, and describe how we approach working together.
- Put People First reflects our commitment to safety and care of each other, learning and development, and creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect, empathy and belonging.
- Do the Right Thing focuses us on acting with honesty and integrity, delivering the results the right way, taking pride in our work, and speaking the truth – good or bad.
- Do Great Work…Together occurs when we engage without hierarchy, collaborate as a team, embrace challenges, and work for the good of all of us.
- Take Ownership and Raise the Bar demonstrates our responsibility to add value and make a difference, challenge the status quo and biases to make things better, foster innovative and creative solutions to drive impact, and explore new perspectives and embrace change.
Our Commitment to You
We're actively taking steps to make sure our culture is inclusive and that our processes and practices promote equity for all. Leggett & Platt is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veteran status, and more. Join us!
We welcome and encourage applications if you meet the minimum qualifications. Even if you do not meet the preferred qualifications, we’d love the opportunity to consider you.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer
For more information about how we handle your personal data in connection with our recruiting processes, please refer to the Recruiting Privacy Notice on the “Privacy Notice” tab located at http://privacy.leggett.com