Authority Brands Inc. headquartered in Columbia, MD is a leading provider of home services, building brands that support the success of our franchisees, as well as bettering the lives of the homeowners we serve and the people we employ.
The Electrician Apprentice will perform tasks related to electrical repair and/or installation of electrical equipment for residential customers and is responsible for maintaining customer health, safety and satisfaction. The Electrician Apprentice works under the supervision of Lead Electrician.
- Learn Electrical trade craft from other Lead Electricians, while also applying school-learned NEC code, electrical theory, calculations, and Ohm’s Law in real life field settings.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, apparatus, and fixtures while in a de-energized state.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, ensuring compliance with codes.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Works closely with other departments to ensure the proper transfer of all service work business data.
- Maintains company vehicle, ensuring cleanliness and organization, both inside and out.
- GED or High School Diploma.
- Indentured in an Electrical Apprenticeship preferred.
- Basic math and reading comprehension.
- Knowledge of electrical field concepts, practices, best practices, and procedures including the technical ability to understand and interpret Electrical Codes, Life Safety Codes, NFPA, Uniform Building Codes and Lighting Systems.
- Ability to work with well with others.
- Solid communication and customer service skills.
- Must have appropriate trade tools.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen.
We believe our greatest assets are our employees, we offer competitive salaries and a full benefits package to include, PTO, paid holidays, 401(k) and more.
Authority Brands Inc. conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions however we do not sponsor Visa’s at this time.Authority Brands Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Family Retail
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $17.00
- Max Hiring Rate $25.00